The Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA) has been established under the Council of Ministers Resolution No. 2 dated 1421/1/5 H corresponding to 2000/10/2 G. SAGIA is a governmental body reports to the President of the Supreme Economic Council, with its headquarter in the city of Riyadh.
The main objective of the authority is to oversee investment affairs in the kingdom, including foreign investment. This includes, without limitation to the jurisdiction, the following functions
1. Preparing state policies designed to promote and enhance local and foreign investment, and submitting them to council.
2. Proposing implementation plans and criteria to improve the investment climate in the kingdom and submitting them to the council
3. Monitoring and evaluating the performance of local and foreign investment, and drafting a periodical report in this regard whose contents to be specified in the rules
4. Conducting studies on investment opportunities in the kingdom and promoting these opportunities
5. Coordinating and cooperating with the pertinent governmental bodies to enable the Authority to accomplish its mission
6. Organizing and participating in conferences, symposia, local and international exhibitions and workshops relevant to investment.
7. Developing database and carrying out statistical surveys required for the conduct of its functions.
8. Any task officially assigned to the authority.
Leadership in enabling investments for a sustainable economy
Mission is to attract quality investments by fostering a pro- business environment recognized for efficiency, quality services, seamless delivery by sought after professionals